07 Dec Christmas Festivities in Phoenix
Christmas in the desert: can it really be that festive? Definitely! There are many great benefits of celebrating Christmas in the desert. Phoenix has a tremendous amount to offer when it comes to festivities. Phelps Law, located in Gilbert and Scottsdale, is passionate about estate planning, but also about taking time throughout the holidays to embrace what the valley offers with fun, family-friendly activities!
Christmas in Phoenix
Events are happening throughout the valley. They vary from different light displays, nativity scenes, epic holiday food, and even great plays or theatrical events. Some of the great festivities you can join include:
- Christmas at the Princess: The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Hotel puts on a beautiful holiday display with thousands of lights, a beautiful big Christmas tree, and transforms the desert into a winter wonderland with a real ice skating rink! You can visit Santa’s Secret Headquarters, meet holiday characters, enjoy the thousands of lagoon lights, and even ride the Princess express train.
- Mesa Temple Garden Lights: Every year the beautiful Mesa Temple puts on a light display consisting of hundreds of thousands of lights that uniquely illuminate palm trees and the lovely gardens that surround the temple. It is a free event put on by volunteers and is open every evening.
- Glendale Glitters: This famous tradition is an annual event in Arizona that displays over 1.6 million LED lights. It is the largest free holiday display in Arizona, with the lights coming on every night at 6 pm. It is a time to walk around, spend time with family, and purchase delicious hot chocolate or other holiday goodies as you stroll the downtown area in Glendale.
- A Christmas Carol, The Musical: Fountain Hills Theater puts on a great rendition of this classic holiday play. Experience the classic Charles Dickens story and enjoy time with family or friends.
- A Cirque Nutcracker: The Phoenix Symphony puts on a beautiful performance of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker, partnered with the majestic movements of the world-renowned Troupe Vertigo. It is an breath-taking experience that will leave you wanting more.
There are so many options in the desert that allow you to embrace the beauty and fun of the holidays in the Phoenix area. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Phelps Law!